Saturday, April 30, 2011

Checked

Visited the midwife yesterday...

Baby's heartbeat: 130s (normal)
Baby's position: Head down (baby remains small and amniotic fluid plentiful making shifting still possible)
Fundal (belly) measurement: 36 weeks (slowing)

The doctors decided the risk for stillbirth after 40 weeks for a baby with Trisomy 18 increases slightly, just as it would for a healthy birth.  Although the hospital's policy is not to deliver babies until 39 weeks to ensure adequate lung development, our "special circumstances" allow us to schedule induction as soon as we want.  We're hoping my body will go into labor naturally.  

When Baby Allegra does come, we'll post regular updates on the blog.

2 comments:

  1. I know you have people lined up to help when you go into labor, but please know that you can call me too. I would love to help in any way that I can

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali - I get great comfort from reading this blog and seeing how majestically you are handling all of the ups and downs associated with what you are going through. Just want you to know that you are an inspiration to many. Duke and I continue to pray for your family.

    ReplyDelete