Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weighed

I recently read that Giselle Bundchen, a Brazilian supermodel, gained 30 pounds while pregnant with Tom Brady's baby.  I too ONLY gain 30 pounds during pregnancy so why is it I'm not ready to strut down the Victoria's Secret runway 6 weeks after giving birth? Oh right, there's a 10" height difference and my babies force me to eat Thin Mints (frozen and by the tube), mini-eggs, cold cereal, chocolate-covered peanuts and other naughty carbs in massive amounts.

Despite the food fest, Trisomy 18 babies, even when born full-term and incubated in a pre-owned uterus, usually only weigh 4-5 pounds.  Apparently, due to a brain that's not fully developed, a growth retardation occurs around 7 months.

This difference is noticeable.  My tummy popped about 6 weeks ago and hasn't grown much since.  My weight has increased by only 1 pound in the same time period.  Allegra's movements only feel like swishes as opposed to the stretching and poking a bigger baby would do.  And strangely, this baby doesn't give off the heat like my others did.

This time I may just gain less than Giselle's 30.  So lucky.

3 comments:

  1. It's not always about the weight, you look good and that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali you are and always have been the most stylish gal pregnant or not that I know. Love the blog thanks for sharing with us all the beautiful gift of Allegra. We love and miss you guys.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete